Notice: Filing of Nomination Papers
As per Section 32 of the Municipal Elections Act, notice is hereby given for anyone proposing to be a candidate in the Municipal Election on October 24, 2022. Section 33(1) of the Act provides that a person may be nominated for an office by filing nomination papers in the Clerk’s Office in person or by an agent.
Tuesday, June 14, 2022 - 6:00pm to 8:00pm - Terrace Bay Waterfront
The Township of Terrace Bay is accepting student job applications.
If you are interested in taking on exciting challenges and making a difference in your community, explore our summer job opportunity:
Tourism Information Advisor
Start Date: Tentative
Hours: 35 hours per week
Wage: $15.00 per hour
Location: Terrace Bay Tourist Information CentreRead More
RESIDENTS NOTICE –
Please be advised that there will be a further increase in flow at the Hays Lake Dam from 138cms to 194cms today (May 10 2022).. It is expected that the flows will drop from 194cms back down towards 150cms over the next few days. Crews are already in the area and will be increasing flow to pass the water from the expected increases due to snow melt combined with expected precipitation on Thursday and Friday. Stay Safe, Stay Clear!
RESIDENTS NOTICE – Please be advised that due to the recent snow melt and weather we are experiencing higher than normal inflows to Hays Lake. In order to keep the elevation under control we are initiating an increase in flow at the Hays Lake Dam from 58cms to 143cms this morning (May 6, 2022). Stay Safe, Stay Clear!
Notice to Residents - Spring Clean-Up Week. Use of the landfill site will be FREE of charge from May 14 to May 21, 2022 inclusive for residents of the Township of Terrace Bay. 2022 Spring Clean-up Notice
Landfill site will be OPEN from Monday, May 16 to Friday, May 20 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and Saturday May 21 from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m.
The landfill site will be CLOSED from May 22 to May 24 inclusive and resume operation with regular hours and fees Wednesday, May 25, 2022.
Residents are reminded that water restrictions are in place effective from the first day of March each year until the thirtieth day of November of the same year. By-law 21-2006 specifies: “No person shall use, cause or permit the use of water externally or through a hose, pipe or any other watering device or mechanism, lawns, gardens or other outside plants, grass, plots, boulevards or grounds of any description or the washing of any vehicle, trailer, boat, driveway, sidewalk, except in accordance with the following:
- a) premises with even street numbers on even numbered calendar days.
- b) premises with odd street numbers on odd numbered calendar days.
- c) a maximum of two (2) hours per day per household every other day, depending on street number.”
By-law Officer will monitor usage and fines will be laid as outlined in the by-law. Fines range between $105.00 and $500.00.
Be advised, the Township has implemented a new phone system and extensions have changed. The new extensions can be found on the Staff Directory webpage. Alternatively, anyone who dials in can go through the auto-attendant to get to the correct department they need.
This is a reminder that in accordance with Bylaw No. 16-2012, a Bylaw to Prohibit the Feeding of Wildlife within the Corporate limits of The Township of Terrace Bay.
- No Owner or occupier of land within the Township of Terrace Bay shall intentionally feed, cause to be fed, or provide or make available food attractants or other similar substances for the consumption of Wildlife within the boundaries of the Township of Terrace Bay, on either private or public property.
- No Owner or Occupier of land shall place or allow any Device or other material to be placed outdoors or on any public or private property for the purpose of attracting or feeding Wildlife.
- Every Property Owner or Occupier shall promptly remove any attractants placed on the Owner's or Occupier's property in violation of this By-law.
- Every Property Owner or Occupier shall promptly remove, any Device placed on the Owner's or Occupier's property to which Wildlife are attracted or from which Wildlife actually feed. Alternatively, a Property Owner or Occupier may modify such a Device or make other changes to the property that prevents Wildlife from having access to feeding from the Device.
Reminder to empty and/or remove your bird feeders between May 1 to October 31, as the bird feed is a known attractant to the bears